Product code: BB001
The BBoard was developed in partnership with Al's Tech Garage to provide a cost effective, engaging hands on teaching aid to support the UK Computing Stage 3 Program of Study and part of computing teaching at Key Stage 4 and 5.
The board has 3 LEDs, buzzer, 2 push button switches and a light sensor which provide the ingredients for a very large number of interesting lessons and projects. It can be used in conjunction with Arduino and Raspberry Pi processors.
24 HOUR SHIPPINGProcessing Mon-Fri
on all in-stock models
FREE UK DELIVERYFree standard delivery
Next day delivery available
RETURN POLICYNot 100% satisfied?
Return within 21 days
The BBoard can also be part of a wider curriculum due to the quality of the components. The light sensor has a spectral response close to that of human eye with an output that is linear across wide illumination range which enables it to be used in Science experiments. The twin input buttons enable the BBoard to be used as a game controller ideal for engaging more challenging students. The BBoard can be embedded into the Technology curriculum, in particular used to teach the electronics part of Product Design.
Al's Tech Garage has many years of practical classroom teaching experience and provides a large number of resources for teachers including lessons and projects using the BBoard at www.AlsTechGarage.co.uk
These work out at a reduced cost of £9.60 per unit (inc. VAT).
• Designed to support the UK Computing Stage 3 Program of Study and part of computing teaching at Key Stage 4 and 5.
• 3 LEDs, buzzer, 2 push button switches and a light sensor provide the ingredients for a very large number of lessons and projects.
• Uses current technology – surface mount components not obsolete though-hole components.
• High efficiency LEDs reducing load on processor port lines.
• Uses the APDS-9005 light sensor.
• Protected against connection errors.
• RoHS complaint (Lead-free).
• UK designed and manufactured.
• Can be used in conjunction with Arduino and Raspberry Pi.
• Supplied fully assembled.
|Size||55mm x 27mm x 9mm|
|Technology||Surface mount components on FR4 1.6 mm thick PCB|
|LEDs||Red Peak Wavelength 550nm
Yellow Peak Wavelength 590nm
Green Peak Wavelength 574nm
|Buzzer||Piezoelectric Sounder. Sound Pressure Level at 10 cm >75 dB when driven by 3Vp-p, 4kHz, square wave.|
|Switches||Surface mount push button switch SPST, N.O. Operating force: 2.25 ± 0.75 Newtons, Life 300,000 operations|
|Light sensor||Avago Technologies APDS-9005, analogue-output ambient light photo sensor with a spectral response close to that of human eye.|
|Connector||9 way header 2.54mm pitch|
|Absolute Maximum Ratings||Operating Temperature -20°C to +70°C
Storage Temperature -30°C to +80°C
Voltage on any pin 0 to 5v
|Compliance||CE marked - WEEE Directive 2012/19/EU, RoHS recast Directive 2011/65/EU|
Our following Case Studies give an overview of how this product applies to different sectors.
Please click on the title below to read the full case study.