Product code: SL018PL023
Includes 4Gb Memory Card!
The SpaceLogger W8 Wireless enables wireless access to live wind & weather data over a WLAN network.
Like the SpaceLogger W10, the SpaceLogger W8 Wireless has been developed for economic logging of real-time wind speed and direction data when using Gill Instruments' anemometers with a single serial output and for full environmental data logging from the MetPak Weather Station.
SpaceLogger W8 Wireless is compatible with the following Gill Instruments' meteorological sensors:
• WindSonic ultrasonic wind speed and direction sensors
• WindObserver ultrasonic wind speed and direction sensors
• WindMaster ultrasonic wind speed and direction sensors
• MetPak Weather Station
• MetPak Pro Weather Station
• MetPak RG Weather Station
• MaxiMet GMX 200
• MaxiMet GMX 400
• MaxiMet GMX 500
• MaxiMet GMX 501 (& 501 GPS)
• MaxiMet GMX 531 (& 531 GPS)
• MaxiMet GMX 600
These sensors may be set to output in the following compatible modes:
• ASCII UV (or UVW) continuous
• ASCII Polar continuous (default setting)
• ASCII Tunnel continuous
• MODBUS RTU (MaxiMet GMX range)
Data is stored on a removable SD or SDHC memory card. Current and historic data files may be accessed wirelessly using the SpaceLogger Real-time Communicator Software.
Data is sampled at 1Hz from the connected sensor. Each data record is date and time-stamped when it is stored. A new file (.CSV) is generated for each day's worth of data.
Raw wind & weather data is processed by the logger to calculate 10 minute averaged values with min and max readings during that period. This data set is recorded every 10 minutes in a separate daily .CSV file.
A Wi-Fi wireless local area network (WLAN) is required for remote access to the data stored on the logger. If this is temporarily unavailable, data may be downloaded directly from the SD card to a PC if it is removed from the SpaceLogger.
Configuration of the SpaceLogger for the WLAN is via a simple set-up file written to the SD card.
The SpaceLogger Launcher Software may connect to multiple loggers within the same WLAN at any time.
The SpaceLogger W8 Wireless may be enabled for FTP'ing of live wind & weather data to the WeatherFile.com website to provide access to the real-time data remotely.
The SpaceLogger W8 Wireless logger requires RS232 input; this may be direct from the sensor or via a WS-15A Display Unit for local display of live weather data. When long cable runs dictate use of RS485, a WS-15A Display or RS485 to RS232 converter enables connection to the logger.
• Wireless data download to PC
• WindSonic sensor compatible
• Recording of wind speed and direction data
• Recording of full meteorological data with a MetPak Weather Station
• Real-time clock for date and time-stamping of data with battery backup
• Raw data logged to daily .CSV file
• Ten minute averaged data logged to daily .CSV file
• Compact, economical and robust design
• SD or SDHC card for data storage
• SpaceLogger Launcher Software enables easy access to all loggers within the local wireless network
• Stored data files simple to read with standard PC office software
• Remote site data collection
• Wind & weather sensor data recording
• Data buoys
• Meteorological data collection for:
• Weather monitoring
• Wind farm surveying and operations
• Construction industry including crane operations
• Education and research projects
• Aviation operations
• Health and safety
• Sports and outdoor activities
• Agriculture & Horticulture
• Weather warnings
• Transport - roads, bridges & tunnels
• Marine & offshore
• Waste & recycling
Width: 67 mm
Depth: 92 mm
Height: 28 mm (excluding optional rubber feet)
|Enclosure material||GP ABS (UL94-HB) plastic and acrylic|
|RS232 Input||Sensor type||
Gill Instruments' WindSonic, WindObserver and
WindMaster ultrasonic wind speed and direction sensors
MetPak, MetPak RG and MetPak Pro weather stations
|Transmission standard||RS232 compatible, 8 bits and no parity|
|Sensor output format||Continuous mode: ASCII UV (or UVW), Polar or Tunnel from all sensors|
|Transmission speed||9600 Baud|
|Connection||9-way D-type connector|
|Wireless Connectivity||Wireless module||Wi-Fi Certified 2.4GHz IEEE 802.11b/g 802.11i Security WPA2-PSK, WPA, WEP|
|Aerial||Circuit board mounted|
|Data Storage||Data storage card||Removable SD or SDHC card|
|Data capacity||4 GB (standard) or as per memory card capacity|
|File system||FAT16 or FAT32 with 8.3 file names
Sector size 512 Bytes
|Data logging interval||1 Hz|
|Audible / Visual
SD card status: Green: Ready to record data | Red:
Writing data to SD card
Wireless Connectivity Status: Green: Connected to wireless network
|Audio bleeper||Status alert|
|Real Time Clock||Accuracy||±40 ppm at 25°C|
|Power||Power requirement||5 V DC ±10%|
|Current at 5 VDC||200 mA typical|
|Connection||Micro USB connector|
Operating: -25°C to +70°C [or dependent on card conditions]
Storage: -40°C to +70°C
|EMC||CE marked - EMC Directive 2004/108/EC|
The manufacturer reserves the right to amend the specification and therefore the information in this document may be subject to change.
Our following Case Studies give an overview of how this product applies to different sectors.
Please click on the title below to read the full case study.
|Environmental Monitoring (Data Loggers)|
|Environmental Monitoring (Wind Systems)|
|Health & Safety Monitoring|
|Marine, Ships & Harbours|
|Scientific Research (Data Loggers)|
|Scientific Research & Education|
|Sport (for Wind Systems)|
|Sports (for Data Loggers)|