Construction projects operate under risk of varying wind & weather conditions and as such monitoring weather conditions and especially wind speed and wind direction are vitally important when it comes to safe operation. Adverse weather conditions including high rainfall, wind gusts and high wind speeds pose a particular threat, especially for construction projects with workers at height and those using tower cranes. Crane operation on construction sites is limited to certain wind conditions. Understanding, recording and acting when wind speeds reach their high wind speed limit is essential and as such it is a necessity that tower cranes are fitted with anemometers. RPR Ltd are specialists in this area, partnering with organisations such as ATLAS (The Association of Technical Lightning and Access Specialists) and their recent Wind Guidance Note for Working at Height.
RPR Ltd crane systems meet the advice from the Construction Plant-hire Association's Tower Crane Interest Group. Richard Paul Russell Ltd offer a wide range of solutions for monitoring weather conditions across a wide variety of construction site scenarios. Systems utilise the highest quality ultrasonic sensors that require no maintenance and have no moving parts that can jam, break or wear out delivering extremely accurate and reliable live weather and wind data, day in day out.
Our systems allow live data to be viewed locally over Bluetooth (4.1) and/or via our cloud solution WeatherFile using any internet connected device such as smartphone and/or a local display or directly integrated into the crane PLC or building BMS allowing timely and effective health and safety management decisions. All historical data is available without charge and easily downloadable into .CSV (Excel) format for reports and incident investigation.
• Reduces crane and equipment downtime by supplying live accurate wind and weather data minimising workplace disputes and maximising efficiency
• Manage work schedule, improve efficiency and employee welfare
• Monitor not just wind conditions but also rainfall, temperature and heat stress minimising employee downtime and material wastage associated with extremes in environmental conditions
• Super-fast email alerts of weather extremes assist in quick management response helping to re-allocate labour and maximise workplace safety
• Live data view in the palm of your hand through any internet connected device
• Unlimited data storage with immediate download
• Assists in ensuring health and safety compliance including LOLER
• Complete date and time stamped data in easily downloadable .CSV (Excel) format
• Multiple locations can be supported with single page view
• Maintenance-free super accurate sensors resulting in a cost effective long term solution
Available in nine standard models, we also work with clients delivering bespoke solutions for their individual unique requirements. Call our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.