Product code: WSWF4
The WeatherFile mobile broadband connected system offers a secure independent GSM mobile connection for live wind and weather monitoring.
The WeatherFile Mobile Unit (WMU) receives data from the sensor and transfers it via a secure independent GSM mobile connection to the internet where it can be viewed via the WeatherFile website. In addition the WeatherFile Mobile Units' (WMU) own local WiFi network allows data to be viewed over your connected device within 50m.
This system offers a secure ‘fit and forget’ solution with simple, quick and easy installation supported by our dedicated technical team.
Choose your sensor based on the parameters you want to measure.
|Apparent / True Wind Speed|
|WMO Wind AV/Gust|
If you want to discuss a bespoke system specification or have any questions call
our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
24 HOUR SHIPPINGProcessing Mon-Fri
on all in-stock models
FREE UK DELIVERYFree standard delivery
Next day delivery available
RETURN POLICYNot 100% satisfied?
Return within 21 days
• Fast 'plug and play' set up. Live data within minutes
• Secure standalone GSM mobile connection (3G/4G)
• 24/7 fully managed public internet accessible view of live data from your location wherever you are via WeatherFile.com
• Individual site intranet landing page as standard
• 14 day data history graphs as standard
• Data can be downloaded for detailed analysis and graphing
• A full suite of weather parameters can be measured including wind speed, wind direction, apparent and true wind, WMO wind average and gust, air temperature, air pressure, relative humidity, absolute humidity, barometric pressure, dew point and precipitation
• Optional compass and GPS positioning
• Email alert functionality when set parameters have been met, such as wind speed or wind speed in relation to wind direction
• Maintenance free super accurate sensors resulting in a cost effective long term solution
• Lightning protection can be added, please contact us for a quotation
• 2 year warranty as standard
• Sensor (dependent on your selection)
• WindSonic Mounting Mast (anodised aluminium, 0.9metres long)
• 10m RS232 Cable (between sensor & WCU) with WSCONN
• WeatherFile Mobile Unit (WMU)
• Connection to WeatherFile website
• Power Supply Unit
|WeatherFile Mobile Unit (WMU)|
|WindSonic User Manual - Issue 27 (Current Version)|
|GMX 200 Sensor|
|GMX 500 Sensor|
|GMX 600 Sensor|
|FT742 DM Sensor|
|LCJ Capteurs CV7 Sensor|
WeatherFile GSM 3G/4G Cellular Mobile System
When the Weather Management Team of Victorious Festival in Portsmouth needed reliable information with leading edge technology to assist in the planning of adverse weather, RPR Ltd. was ideally placed to assist. A fortuitous meeting at a trade show in 2015 between the like-minded managemers of the Festival and that of RPR Ltd. led to a fruitful partnership that has continued annually ever since. There has been increased focus on the safety of festival goers with the requirement for festival organisers to have a Safety Action Plan in place. We were able to supply a weather system to assist with the pre-Festival set-up, from decisions involving crane use for stage placement and fencing installation, through to live weather monitoring during the event.
WeatherFile GSM 3G/4G Cellular Mobile System
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. was awarded the contract to install a wind monitoring system at 12 Endeavour Square, London, E20 1JN, the home of the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), Transport for London and others. The building boasts 515,000 sq. ft. of office space with a feature roof terrace over 500 sq. m with a width over 25 metres and multiple access points through electric assisted glass doors. A pivotal part of the design was to have live wind speed and direction readings that can be viewed anywhere over the public internet but also locally, with two bespoke kiosk monitor displays that warn of higher wind speeds by changing colour.
Richard Paul Russell Ltd. tabled cost-effective design solutions to the brief from which client-led direction outlined in detail their "must-haves" within the design. This is identified through a process where we listen to the client's list of requirements and categorise them into three separate lists of essential, necessary or desirable.
A design proposal was finalised and the client accepted the "second draft" solution to supply a wind monitoring system with two monitor displays by the terrace entrances. Elements within the design of the system included a WeatherFile Mobile Unit (WMU) that gathers data directly from the wind sensor that is sent wirelessly to the WeatherFile website, two local 9" colour changing displays and a Gill MaxiMet GMX200 sensor.
The system was delivered on time within budget and to specification delivering highly accurate live wind speed and direction readings through a Gill MaxiMet GMX200 sensor that has a built-in compass guaranteeing accuracy regardless of sensor movement. The two local 9" displays change colour to red over certain wind limits and building internet security is unaffected as the WeatherFile Mobile Unit (WMU) runs independently of their own Wi-Fi network.