Product code: WSWF2
The WeatherFile WF2 system provides a professional solution to live wind and weather monitoring with the addition of a local standalone display.
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) receives data from the sensor and transfers it to the internet using either a LAN, Wi-Fi or GSM/GPRS 3G/4G connection, where it can be viewed using our cloud solution WeatherFile.com. In addition, data is displayed on a local monitor display (WeatherFile Connected Monitor (WCM)) that can be presented in a format based around your specific requirements.
Follow our step by step process to configure your WeatherFile solution:
Step 1: Select your sensor based on the parameters you want to measure (see Sensor Selector)
Step 2: Select your preferred connectivity to WeatherFile.com; GSM/GPRS, WiFi or LAN (ethernet cable)
[SIM not included when buying GSM cellular option]
Step 3: Select your regional power supply; UK, EU, USA or AUS/ASIA
If you want to discuss a bespoke system specification or have any questions call our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The WeatherFile WF2 system offers the ability for a user to view their data locally with a WeatherFile Connected Monitor (WCM) as well as via any internet connected device (smartphone, tablet, PC).
The WeatherFile Connected Monitor (WCM) comes in a 9" screen format as standard (other sizes available) and can be formatted to meet your specific requirements. The WCM connects directly to the Weatherfile.com server via the local network (LAN or WiFi). Contact our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email email@example.com to discuss your WeatherFile Connected Monitor (WCM) specification and design.
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) provides the means of connecting the weather sensors via GSM/GPRS, WiFi or LAN to WeatherFile.com from where it can be viewed using any internet connected device (smartphone, tablet or PC).
The WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) is housed in a tough, weatherproof (GSM/GPRS & WiFi IP67 rated & LAN IP65 rated) enclosure with high quality Binder plug connectors, one cable connects the sensor to the WCU and the system is powered via a 12Vdc mains adaptor plug making installation incredibly simple and cost effective.
In addition, the WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) has a host of
features to ensure the system operates consistently at the highest level:
• Data logged even if internet connection lost, data will catch up once connection restored
• Power control system manages individual system elements
• Data delivery to WeatherFile can be scheduled to reduce power consumption
• Optional data privacy via SSL secure login to a private area on WeatherFile.com
To configure your WeatherFile solution simply follow the steps below:
• Step 1: Select your sensor based on the parameters you want to measure (see Sensor Selector)
• Step 2: Select your preferred connectivity to WeatherFile.com; GSM/GPRS, WiFi or LAN (ethernet cable)
[SIM not included when buying GSM cellular option]
• Step 3: Select your regional power supply; UK, EU, USA or AUS/ASIA
Richard Paul Russell Ltd work with clients to deliver bespoke solutions, please contact our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your specific requirements.
• Fast 'plug and play' set up. Live data within minutes
• 24/7 view of live data via WeatherFile.com
• Local pre-programmed 9" LED WeatherFile Connected Monitor (WCM) display formatted to your specific requirements
• Individual location intranet landing page as standard
• 14 day data history graphs as standard
• Data can be downloaded for detailed analysis and graphing in .CSV (Excel) file format rights free without cost
• A full suite of weather parameters can be measured including wind speed, wind direction, apparent and true wind, WMO wind average and gust, air temperature, air pressure, temperature, relative humidity, absolute humidity, barometric pressure, dew point and precipitation
• Optional GPS positioning
• Email alert functionality when a user defined wind speed limit has been exceeded
• WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) housed in tough, weatherproof enclosure
• IP67 GSM/GPRS & WiFi versions
• IP65 LAN version (IP67 on request only)
• Maintenance-free, super-accurate sensors resulting in a cost-effective long-term solution
• Lightning protection can be added, please contact us for a quotation
• 2 year warranty as standard
• Sensor (dependent on your selection)
• WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)
• GSM/GPRS & WiFi, IP67 rated
• LAN, IP65 rated (IP67 on request only)
• WindSonic Mounting Mast (anodised aluminium, length 0.9metres)
• 15m RS232 cable (between sensor & WCU) complete with connectors
• GSM/GPRS & WiFi by screwless terminals
• LAN by RJ45 connector
• 9" LED WeatherFile Connected Monitor (WCM)
• 12Vdc mains adaptor plug (dependant on regional selection), with 3m of cable
• Binder 720 series connector to WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)
• Connection to WeatherFile.com website
|Sensor||Varies with selection|
|WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)||See WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU) web page »|
|Mounting Mast for Gill Sensors||Height: 895mm
Diameter: 44.45mm OD
Drilled and tapped (MS)
Anodised aluminium alloy, depth of 15 microns
Weight: 0.65 kg approx
Construction: 5 core, tinned copper conductor 24(7) AWG, 0.22mm2, PVC insulation, Cores laid up, overall aluminium/polyester foil screen, tinned copper drain wire (24AWG), PVC sheath.
|Connection to WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)||
GSM/GPRS & WiFi by screwless terminals
LAN by RJ45 connector
12Vdc mains adaptor plug, varies with geographical region
Binder 720 series plug connector
|9" LED WeatherFile Connected Monitor (WCM)||Specification may vary|
|WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)|
|WindSonic User Manual - Issue 27 (Current Version)|
|GMX 200 Sensor|
|GMX 500 Sensor|
|GMX 600 Sensor|
|LCJ Capteurs CV7 Sensor|
|Calypso Ultrasonic Wired Standard - User Manual (English)|
|SIM Card & Network Selection Guide|
|Mounting Mast for Gill Sensors Data Sheet|
|9" WeatherFile Connected Monitor (WCM) Data Sheet|
WEATHERFILE WF2 SYSTEM
RPR Ltd. has recently successfully installed a bespoke weather system for a private residence on the Isle of Wight in Yarmouth. Our client had a set list of requirements including the wish to receive wind and weather data from any location he happened to be in, whether that be from home, work, or out and about on the island. He also wanted to be able to share this data with friends and family from his home, a hill top location with a great vantage point over Yarmouth Harbour. This was achieved by connecting a WindSonic Sensor to our WeatherFile Connection Unit (WCU), which in turn relays data to WeatherFile.com. Every Blue Dot (an ActiveGeotag) on the WeatherFile.com map shows the position of an active sensor site that is sending live data. The ActiveGeotag shows the Live Wind Speed and Direction and is updated every 10 seconds.
In a unique design, we were able to custom design a 3m mast to provide extra height for our sensor, avoiding anticipated 'wind bounce' from the roof apex. To ensure that this equipment did not stand out on the building's façade, we were able to arrange for the mast to be powder coated to the exact RAL shade of the property, minimising the visual impact, much to the delight of the customer.
From this newly created system, our client is now able to compare data from his home, as well as our weather system at Yarmouth Harbour Yacht Club, giving a full picture of the Harbour, from sea level to cliff height. Should he wish to partake in water sports farther afield, he can now receive data on WeatherFile.com from all 44 locations where RPR Ltd. have installed a weather system around the coast.
Please contact RPR Ltd. for information on how to obtain your own bespoke system.
Choose your sensor based on the parameters you want to measure.
|Apparent / True Wind Speed|
|WMO Wind AV/Gust|
|Optional GPS Positioning|