Product code: K5500FW£ Call for info
The all-in-one hand-held belt weather kit replacement, including every critical weather measurement, PIG and FDFM.
Measure, log, track trends and expand capabilities with free Kestrel LiNK App (LiNK model only).
24 HOUR SHIPPINGProcessing Mon-Fri
on all in-stock models
FREE UK DELIVERYFree standard delivery
Next day delivery available
RETURN POLICYNot 100% satisfied?
Return within 21 days
• Measures wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, plus 10 other meterological paramenter.
• All measurements displayed real-time and stored in memory for monitoring trends.
• Probability of Ignition (PIG) and Fine Dead Fuel Moisture (FDFM) built-in for readings with no reference tables needed.
• Quick and consistently accurate measurements reduce the risk of human error possible with manual weather kits.
• Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for nighttime use.
• Optional LiNK connectivity powered by Bluetooth® low energy provides wireless communication to mobile devices and computers for in-depth analysis, export and easy communication to FBANs and other crews.
• Kestrel Rotating Vane Mount included with LiNK enabled units to make the world's most portable weather station.
• Rugged (drop tested to MIL-STD-810G standards), waterproof (sealed to IP67 standards) and floats.
• Protective pouch, neck lanyard and Lithium AA battery included.
• 5-year warranty.
The fast and easy tool for taking weather observations, the Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro provides NIST-traceable accuracy, reliability and usability when it matters most. Measure every environmental condition plus PIG and FDFM and view trends with on-screen data graphing. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel Fire Weather meter can stand up to the abuses of work on a fire line wherever you're assigned. A variety of carry pouch options makes it even easier to take your Kestrel Fire Weather meter with you.
The Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display and highly readable numerals. The Kestrel 5500FW also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and single AA battery operation. In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500F tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data, providing a complete history of conditions on the fire from the moment you arrive. With optional LiNK wireless connectivity, your data log can be transferred to a Kestrel LiNK app (available on Android) for easy export and email to an FBAN or meteorologist. LiNK enabled units come with Kestrel Vane Mount, creating a wireless pop up weather station for accurate readings and tracking trends.
Data can be downloaded to a PC with either the accessory Kestrel LiNK Dongle or waterproof USB Data Transfer Cable (Both sold separately).