Product code: MET-BUOY
The MetBuoy has been designed for measuring environmental conditions at competition and training venues for water-based sports like canoeing, rowing, triathlon and sailing and has been deployed at numerous British Olympic Sailing Team regatta venues.
To discuss your remote system requirements please contact our technical team on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email email@example.com
The MetBuoy has been developed in partnership with elite sports coaches and athletes to measure environmental conditions at competition and training venues for water-based sports like canoeing, rowing, triathlon and sailing. Compact and easily transportable it is ideal for short term data gathering at the competition location, supplying valuable venue specific meteorological data to athletes and coaches. Data is gathered directly from the events course and can be sent to WeatherFile.com via local WiFi or the GSM cellular network. The system has low power consumption and, as such, can be positioned remotely running off sealed internal battery packs.
The buoy itself is only 0.4 metres in diameter making it easy to place right next to the course. Combined with the Gill MaxiMet GMX range, this allows accurate GPS positioning of the unit and automatic north alignment.
For further information and to discuss your specific requirements please call us on +44 (0) 1590 641223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Self-powered meteorological monitoring station
• Power duration varies dependant on sensor choice and data rate requirement
• Compact MetBuoy ideal for coastal and inshore waters, 0.4m diameter float
• Sensor mounting unit
• A full suite of weather parameters can be measured including wind speed, wind direction, apparent and true wind, WMO wind average and gust, air temperature, air pressure, relative humidity, absolute humidity, barometric pressure, dew point and precipitation
• Optional compass (auto north alignment) and GPS positioning
• Secure standalone GSM mobile connection (3G/4G), SIM card contract included
• 24/7 fully managed public internet accessible view of live data from your location wherever you are via WeatherFile.com
• User defined data averaging and broadcast rate
• Data can be downloaded for detailed analysis and graphing
• Email alert functionality when user defined wind speed limits have been exceeded
• 2 year warranty as standard
• Sensor (dependent on your selection)
• WeatherFile Communication Unit (WCU)
• MetBuoy including battery pack and anchoring solution
• Connection to WeatherFile.com website